IOG fields a proven team with an exceptional level of technical and financial expertise and experience
Technical experience includes international oil and gas experience across all continents, successful North Sea licence bid preparation, project development and delivery on time and on budget, drilling management, frontier exploration and drilling expertise, geological and geophysical expertise and in-depth knowledge of technology and industry techniques.
Financial experience includes structured and project finance, North Sea development financing, oil and gas company, PLC experience, divestments, derivative structuring and trading.
The Board & Executive Management
- Chartered Geologist with over 30 year’s experience in the Upstream oil and gas sector including key roles in a number of leading oil and gas firms across the large, mid and small cap space including Mobil, BG, Amerada Hess and Rockhopper
- Non-Executive Director at Coro Energy Plc
- Currently serving as the European President of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- 35 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry most recently with Fairfield Energy and Sound Energy
- Led the early development of Clipper South, a successful SNS producing gas field which is analogous to IOG’s Vulcan satellites development
- James Chance spent five years as an oil and gas banker with Standard Chartered, most recently as a director managing the bank’s relationships with E&P companies and integrated energy companies across corporate finance, advisory, financial markets and transaction banking. He previously held an equivalent role at Standard Bank. Prior to that he was co-director of the MENA Division at EA, a leading risk advisory firm that is now part of IHS, where he consulted to financial and energy clients on commercial risks & opportunities in the region and was a regular commentator on financial news networks. He was previously a speechwriter and advisor to Prince Hassan of Jordan. He holds an MBA from London Business School, a 1st from Oxford and an MA and PhD from London.
Chief Operating Officer
- Mark started his career at Shell International Exploration and Production in a number of roles including Head of Topsides Design for the Sole Pit Compression Project.
- Mark was Group Development Engineering Manager for Lasmo UK plc and Group E&P Exploration and Operations Manager for Gaz de France, Paris. He was also Managing Director of GDF Britain and GDF Country Manager.
- He was founder and CEO of Hibernia Energy an independent Southern North Sea focussed gas developer.
- Mark was made Head of Development for RWE Dea UK where he was responsible for the RWE operated North Sea Breagh and Clipper South Developments from inception to first gas, representing some £880 million gross investment.
- Upon the sale of RWE Dea UK to INEOS, Mark was made Commercial Director UK at INEOS Breagh.
- Mark is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and has a technical background with a first-class honours degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton.
- Over 25 years of oil and gas industry experience and strong board level expertise
- CFO of London listed E&P company Genel Energy PLC
- Former Executive Vice President and CFO of Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling company
- 20 year career at Royal Dutch Shell, culminating in the role of Vice President Finance for Shell Africa E&P
- Non-Executive Chairman of Lamor Corporation, a leading environmental service company
- Previously non-executive director at Vantage Drilling International, a major offshore drilling contractor
- Masters Degree in Law from the University of Turku, specialising in tax law and tax planning.